Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sebastian's Birthday and OU 06/27/08

Breakfast
coffee (too busy)

Lunch
3/4 cup of spaghetti

Snack:
BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!

Dinner
mashed potatoes (made using low fat buttermilk--only 1.5 grams of fat per cup--which is obviously preferable to using butter, whole milk, or cream) mixed with lean ground beef
1/2 cup green beans

Water Intake: 84.5 oz=10 1/2 cups

Since I skipped breakfast for a second day, I decided I needed to get something that doesn't require "fixing",so to speak, or even sitting down. So, I got some Slim Fast powder stuff. This is also helpful because we didn't do our grocery shopping with the healthy eating thing in mind, so this way I can have stuff to "eat" throughout the day without doing more grocery shopping until next payday.

Saturday afternoon:
So yesterday was Sebastian's birthday!! Yay!!! He was super stoked about his cake and the few presents he got. I made his cake using a yellow cake mix and white frosting that I dyed green. I dyed both the cake and the icing a very Hulk-like green. I tried to get as close to Hulk color as possible. I had to use the whole bottle of green plus all of the blue and yellow to have enough green. I also set some frosting aside and dyed it blue for the Hulk's jeans. Justin was all "You should dye it purple cause in the comic books, Hulk always wears purple pants", to which I replied "Sebastian don't know jack about no Hulk comic books. All he knows about is modern day Hulk", so that pretty much settled that. As I said previously, he'll get another something or other next week, but as it stands, he got the shirt I made him, the headband I made him, some Naruto weapons from the lovely Nikki, and a rubber Batman mask thing. Oh, and the Naruto headband we bought him last week was one of his presents also. But, honestly, he's 5 and he doesn't need a crapload of presents.

So, here's him with his cake:



He's got some kind of aversion to actually looking at the camera:



And look at the inside of the cake!!!!!! Rockin!!!!!!



That brown is just the table showing through the glass cake pan, in case you're wondering.

Here's the shirt I made him!

Front:



That's Inuyasha, the title character. He's a half demon, which explains his crazy ears and fingernails.

Back:




That's the Japanese logo for the show. I had a bit of a crisis with that part of the shirt. I'm always hesitant when I do a multi-layer stencil. I get nervous about ironing the freezer paper too hard onto the already dry layer of paint because I always worry that the freezer paper is gonna screw up the paint when I pull it up after doing the second color. Anyway, I didn't iron it down good enough and the red bled all underneath it and I had to go around with a very small brush and clean up all the edges of the kanji. That sucked. But, if you look here:



that's the actual logo. Not too far off, right? Now, most importantly, here's a picture of my little weirdo wearing his new shirt:



He's such a cute little guy! Now, a few things about the cake. I made it the healthy way, using egg whites and applesauce rather than whole eggs and oil. Surprisingly enough, it tasted exactly the same as it does when you make it the traditional way. Also, notice my food log and pay special attention to the fact that I stuck to plan the whole rest of the day and only had the one piece of cake. That is HUGELY significant for me. Normally, I would've used the birthday cake as an excuse to throw away the whole day and just eat whatever I wanted all day long. Plus, I definitely would have had more than one piece. I did neither of those things and that is SUCH a big deal for me and the way my personality works. That's all for today! I'm off to work on my secret project and do some laundry!

1 comment:

T.Allen said...

Good for you! I should have known crazy little dude is a cancer! So are Joe, Yael and I! Lots of goings on during the summer round these parts! Have a magical year Sebastian. And *wink* good deal on the recipe re-mix and your stellar show of self-control!