Sunday, June 8, 2008

Family Crafting

Well, the kids have been bored out of their minds lately. It's too hot to play outside. Gas is too pricey for us to be driving to the park often, even if it wasn't so hot. Our pool has a hole in it, so they can't swim. The new neighbor kid that lives across the street turned out to be Satan incarnate just like the kids that used to live there. So, I decided that we'd do some papier-mâché this weekend. Bethany, Sebastian, and I are each making a decorative object. They're still works in progress right now, but I thought I'd post pictures and assign a pop quiz. See if you can guess which project belongs to which person from the pictures below. Pictures posted in no particular order.


Figure 1



Figure 2



Figure 3


Ok, class. If you had your thinking caps on, you answered that Figure 1 is Sebastian's, Figure 2 is Bethany's, and Figure 3 is mine. Ahahahahahahaha!!! The whole quiz thing was in jest, of course, because I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain whose is whose. Also, I lied. The pictures were posted in a particular order-from most messy to most un-messy. Keep in mind that Sebastian's is substantially neater than it was at first because I helped remove the extra 1/3 cup (approximately) of paste that was on there. Also, this is the 2nd layer. On his first layer, he actually had a piece of paper just wadded up and stuck on the side. I should have gotten a picture of that. Bethany is being as meticulous as a 10 year old could possibly be. So, yeah, we're using salad bowls for the kids and a vase for me. Each of the dishes is covered with Saran Wrap so as to make for easy removal of our finished pieces. After this layer dries, we'll do one more layer. When that layer is dry, it's on to the painting!!!! Yay!!! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated with more pictures. Also, if anyone has suggestions on (cheap) crafty things to do with kids, spill!!! We need stuff to do!

1 comment: