First, here's what I got from Sebastian. It's a tile that can be used as a trivet. All together now, awwwwwwwwwww.
Now, I got this from Bethany and it's remarkable for more than one reason. It's cute as it can be, right? Not only that, but see how many flowers there are? When I received it, there was ONE flower. I received it (obviously) on Mother's Day. Know what that means? It means that more than a month has passed and not only is this baby still alive, it's actually thriving! Anyone that knows me knows what a feat that is.
She loves Mom! How cute is that?!
And this is what I got from Justin!
He got it from my super awesome friend Kathy at kvossdesigns.etsy.com and I wear it a LOT.
Ok, now that you've all seen my lovely gifts, let's move on to my compulsive behavior!! Yay!! So, Justin is seriously wary of any time when I say "So, I had an idea". It generally involves me taking up some new hobby/craft and he's kind of perpetually exasperated about my spurts and whims in that area. I usually get really frenzied about some craft or other for a few months and then the flame kind of fizzles and dies and I move on to some other thing. Past examples: crocheting amigurumi, stenciling shirts, sewing, etc. Anyway, I recently decided that we need an origami crane mobile in our living room. So, here's how the conversation went.
Me: So, I had an idea
Justin: Oh God. What?
Me: I want to make an origami crane mobile to hang in the living room.
Justin: Of course you do.
Me: Well, it would be pretty and origami is relaxing and you could help me and it would be fun!
Justin: (Sighhh) Well, after the weekend we'll see about getting some origami paper.
Me: After the weekend?! But I wanted to do it now.
Justin: You always want to do everything now.
So, the next day, Justin went to get his hair cut and got a couple packs of lovely origami paper. They look like this:
So then we had a conversation that went like this.
Me: Ooooooo, they're so pretty!! How many packs did you get?
Justin: Two.
Me: How many pieces are in each pack?
Justin: Eight.
Me: So we only have 16 pieces? That's not gonna be enough.
Justin: You said you wanted to make a bunch. Sixteen is a bunch.
Me: I was thinking more like 50 or so.
Justin: Of course you were.
Me: Well, how much did they cost?
I check the package and see this:
Me: Holy crap, why did you buy this?
Justin: YOU SAID YOU WANTED IT!!!
Me: Well, I didn't know that we were gonna be paying roughly 7 dollars for 8 pieces of paper!
Justin: Origami paper isn't cheap, Mequet.
Me: Geez, now I feel weird about folding it all up.
Justin: You see? You see what happens when I try to do something nice?
So, pretty soon, I should have some really pretty origami cranes to make a mobile with. I've got about 12 cranes done so far and they're unbelievably beautiful, especially when you consider that they're just folded pieces of paper. Click the numbers for a few examples of crane mobiles.
1
2
3
The one I make will probably be most similar to the #2 mobile. Pretty, huh?

1 comment:
I could've told you about the origami paper prices. What is so special about them? Can't you fold any other pretty paper? Well, I hope you have a swell time folding, and it better be 'awful purty'! BTW I'm Justin, I call Joe Ralph Kramden and remind him of The Honeymooners everytime he has an idea and comes to me with his eyebrows raised whilst rubbing his hands together like a fly. Take pics...
Post a Comment