Friday, August 29, 2008

***Warning*** Political Talk Ahead

Let me start off by saying that this post will be politically charged and it's all bad stuff about McCain. So, I've given fair warning. Therefore, I respectfully request that if anyone voting for McCain gets mad after reading this post, don't get all up in my grill about it, because I prefaced it with a warning about the content!!


So, McCain just announced his VP pick. Sarah Palin. Can I just say one thing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I mean, seriously!!! First, let's start by taking apart this woman's "experience". Let's see, she served 4 years on the city council!!!! Woooooo!! Oh, wait, she was also mayor of Wasilla, Alaska for a few years. And she's been governor of Alaska for less than 2 years. Which means she has how much foreign relations experience?? Say it with me now, ZERO. Damn!!! I almost forgot! She's a former beauty queen too!!! Yet, somehow, McCain manages to keep a straight face when denigrating Obama's respected service in the Senate. Also, less than a month ago, she completely dissed the office of Vice President altogether. What else? Oh, yes, there is the pesky little detail of her being currently investigated for abuse of power because she had a man fired because he reportedly wouldn't fire her sister's ex-husband. Keep in mind that the entire state of Alaska has a population half that of Memphis, TN. That should offer some perspective.

Honestly, this is such a ridiculously transparent ploy to attract disaffected Hillary supporters and I just have to hope that the American people are smarter than McCain gives them credit for. I already knew McCain was too old for the job, but wow, it looks like he's actually starting to go off the deep end. The Straight Talk Express has gone off the rails, ladies and gentlemen. I do have to say, though, that Sarah Palin has done something right. She loves Obama's Energy Plan.

Let's all be honest with ourselves, here. Even if you don't like Obama, Joe Biden is a SOLID vp pick. Now, John McCain is older than dirt. Is it really in our country's best interests to have a woman whose foreign relations experience is absolutely nil a heartbeat away from the Presidency? Especially with the unbelievable mess that our country is in right now?

1 comment:

T.Allen said...

"Honestly, this is such a ridiculously transparent ploy to attract disaffected Hillary supporters and I just have to hope that the American people are smarter than McCain gives them credit for."

Y'know I'm very vocal about the fact that I'd rather slough the corns of strangers than engage in political banter, but when I found out his running mate was a woman the first thing I thought was, "Hillary Part Deux, will America take the bait"?