Sunday, August 24, 2008

Picture Bonanza!!

Ok, so I have lots of stuff to show all of you! There's gonna be mad pictures in this post because I finally got my camera cord in the mail (Thanks Pheebs!) and after having been on a picture hiatus since the battery died, I went a little cuckoo with the camera. First, we went to a Barack the Vote event yesterday. It was kinda boring, but we got out of the house, got to listen to some pretty decent live music, and the kids made their own entertainment, so it was cool. I took pictures while we were there and here they are.

Sebastian with an Obama sticker:



After Sebastian put it on, we noticed something kind of funny. Why yes, that is a gay pride Obama sticker. Haha! Since Justin's always talking about how Sebastian's gonna be gay when he grows up, it seems rather appropriate. And it coordinates smashingly with his rainbow light up necklace thingy.



And here's Bethany, looking as gorgeous as ever, if slightly militant with her overload of Obama goodies:



Here's Dorian, looking cute as all get out!



Bonus! Look at the funny face Sebastian is making in the background. I don't know what he was looking at. Possibly the really hairy hippy guy that was sitting in front of us. More likely, the really hairy hippy guy's buttcrack.

So, surprisingly (heh), the kids were not at all entertained by campaign news, VP announcement comments, and policy discussions. Here's how they entertained themselves.







Then there was a little of this:



He was actually yelling "LEAF ANGELS!!!!!" the whole time he did that. It was freaking funny. Luckily everyone else thought it was funny too.

If you can believe it, he actually found something else to do with the leaves. He buried himself in them. I pretended like I didn't see him there and "stepped" on him. He thought it was hilarious.





When we were leaving, I asked Justin "Do you think that when we're out in public sometimes, people wonder if we left Sebastian's helmet at home?". Hahaha! I love him more than I can tell you, but he is definitely a weirdo.

So, that's all the pictures of the kiddies! Now for pictures of stuff I've made lately and one picture of something that I'm currently working on.

Here's a hat that I made for Justin. I got Bethany to model it because Justin was still asleep and I was all kinds of impatient to take pictures. This hat was made with Dream in Color Classy and the name of the pattern is Claudia. The yarn is a superwash merino and the color is Happy Forest. It looks big on Bethany, but it fits Justin perfectly. Yay!







Here's a pair of socks that I'm working on for Justin. It's the first pair of socks I've tried and I love the pattern. I've had more than a few screw ups along the way, but nothing that I couldn't undo, so it's cool. I love the way they're turning out. The pattern is Boyfriend Socks and I'm using Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. It's a blend of bamboo, cotton, and elastic. Justin wasn't down with any kind of wool on his feet, so I found this and he liked it. The color is Lacquer Red. Heehee, it's a little flamboyant for Justin, but I have threatened him with death or mutilation if he doesn't wear these regularly upon my finishing them. I mean, seriously, look how tiny those needles are! These are definitely a labor of love.



Now, here's some stuff I made for my friend Kathy's kiddos.

First is a shirt I made for her 3 yr old son, Julian. Remember, all of the pictures can be clicked to make them full size. Anyway, that's a picture of Julian and Justin (Kathy's husband, Julian's dad). I distressed it somewhat before I heat-set the paint.



Next is a shirt for baby Charlotte. She's 10 months old. I made this shirt by appliqueing the pieces with Heat n' Bond and then I hand embroidered all of the outlines and details. I love how it turned out but I won't be doing another one anytime soon. It was a bitch to work on.







The hot pink fabric is some leftover from fabric that my mom bought while she was visiting here. After I made the headband that it was intended for, there was just enough leftover to use for this project. The taupe and white check fabric is from an old shirt of Justin's.

Alright, phew! That's all for now, I guess. Dang that was a lot of pictures! Until next time guys!

2 comments:

T.Allen said...

Well, that was fun! Sebastian's facial expression sent soda down the wrong way-he has the "old food in tupperware funk" face going on! That kid makes my day!

The shirt with the embroidery looks intense, great job!

Mequet said...

He fairly regularly makes my day too!! I'm glad you enjoy him as much as I do!