Friday, August 8, 2008

Flash Drives, County Fairs, and Cotton Ponies

Ok, so the votes are in. And it seems that I'm an anomaly. The votes were tied for either not checking pockets at all or checking every single pocket. I'm the only one that voted that I check the front and back pockets, but not the tiny pocket. Oh well. Not the first time that I've been the freak in the room. Anyway, the reason for the poll was weirdly predicted by Tameka. Justin borrowed a USB flash drive from some dude at work and left it in the tiny pocket and it went through the wash. It ended up working still, but that wasn't discovered until after it was pronounced my fault for washing it. I tend to think that it's his fault for leaving something important, that belonged to someone else, in his pants pocket. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), this led to some serious annoyance on both sides, but we got over it.

Now, the healthy stuff is going very well. I had one cheater day because we went to a birthday party for one of Sebastian's friends. But I'm not stressing over it because, hell, eating bad stuff for one day out of over a month of healthy eating is great, in my opinion. Anyway, I lost 2 more pounds. So, that makes 5 pounds total. However, I started riding the cotton pony on the very morning of my weigh-in, so my actual weight loss may be more than that.

I saw this fun little survey/list thingie on Tameka's blog, so I thought I'd snatch it from her and put it on mine.


1. 5 things I like about county fairs/festivals
-chicken on a stick
-roasted corn on the cob
-funnel cakes
-indie artists hawking their handmade wares
-homemade lemonade

2. 5 things I take with me when I leave the house
-current knitting project
-diapers and wipes
-bottle of water

3. 5 of my favorite days of the year
-Halloween
-Christmas
-Thanksgiving
-Easter
-Income Tax Refund Day

4. 5 genres of music I listen to
-Rap
-Pop
-R&B
-Emo
-Old School Alternative

5. 5 of my favorite places to shop
-Etsy
-The Yarn Company
-Hobby Lobby
-T.J. Maxx
-Wal-Mart


So, that's about it for now! I'm working on several crafty endeavors right now. They include more washcloths, a couple shirts, and a weird thing for my girl, Nikki. I'll post pictures when they're all wrapped up. Probably in the next several days.

1 comment:

T.Allen said...

I knew it! I'm glad it still works, that gum looks like heaven, gotta try that!