Monday, July 7, 2008

Sweet Lord

I did my first bit of exercising today. Holy crap. First, let me say that I haven't exercised since about the 3rd month of my pregnancy with Dorian. So, that's what? 2 months shy of 2 years ago? Yeah........ So, anyway, I did the Billy Blanks Boot Camp Basic Training and let me tell you, it kicked my ass. It's 55 minutes long!!!!! I did the whole thing. I had to take about 5 breaks, I drank a whole 20 oz bottle of water, and I came within a hair's breadth of vomiting when I was done, but I did the whole thing. I had to lay on the floor with a wet rag over my face for roughly 30 minutes after I finished. However, while I was doing it, Bethany was in here and she told me on at least 3 separate occasions "Mama, you're doing really good. I'm proud of you." and that was serious motivation. Not to mention how very sweet it was for her to say that. She's such a sensitive little girl! Meanwhile, I'm going to dvr some episodes of Namaste Yoga on FitTV every night and I'm going to alternate the Boot Camp stuff with yoga. I'm going to shoot for working out 6 days a week. So, 3 days of Boot Camp and 3 days of yoga. Blah. I really don't like working out. I've said a million times that if I could just pick one thing or the other (eating well OR exercising), I wouldn't have a problem with that, but doing BOTH of them just sucks. Maybe I'll get to that place where exercising becomes invigorating and empowering. I doubt it, but hey, stranger things have happened. As incentive, I bought a really cute shirt that won't fit me right now, but will at some point. I'm keeping that shirt in my sights and I'll be able to wear it sometime. Here's what I looked like after I finished exercising:



I don't know who that guy is, but I googled "passed out" on google images and that's the only picture that wasn't somebody getting colored on or cool whipped or something while they were passed out drunk. Anyway, what else? Oh yeah, I finished a project! I made this cool composite image using letter that I found by using the letters of our last name as search terms on Photobucket. So, most of you know that our last name is H*****, but for those of you who don't, our last name is H*****. I would just do a search for "the letter h", "the letter r", etc. Then, I used Photoshop to put them all together and resize them to be the same height. I used the program at blockposters.com, which separates any image into individual sheets and then compiles the whole thing into a PDF file that you can download FOR FREE. This is very handy information because it's obviously WAY cheaper to have a few regular size sheets printed than it is to have a giant poster printed. After that, I emailed the file to Staples Copy Center and had it printed on card stock, in color, for less than $7. I used an old piece of cardboard that we had floating around here and adhered each sheet to the cardboard using spray adhesive. I cut the cardboard to size and then used mounting tape on back of the cardboard to hang it on the wall. Here's how it turned out!!

The whole thing:



Close up:



Another close up:



With the tv for scale. The tv is 35 inches wide and the last name thing is 49 1/2 inches wide by 10 inches tall:



I really love how it turned out! And it was super cheap too. Can't beat that. Till next time people!

2 comments:

T.Allen said...

Billy Blanks is crazy-seriously. We have Tae Bo and I will never quite get how he smiles throughout the whole murderous ordeal. And his wife and son are aerobic fitness gurus too-could you just imagine a day at their house?! I'm a fan of Namaste Yoga and an avid yogi, vinyasa flow is great strength training, I hope you enjoy it. It is a picnic compared to that Billy Blanks business. I'm a cardio punk, I just can't do it, I burn up and out too fast.

Your project is very cool, I'm exhausted just reading about all you've been up to. I um...made myself a pair of earrings to wear at my party while watching Law & Order reruns. It isn't Billy Blanks and amazing Photoshop goodness, but it's a project!

smariek said...

Hi, I'm responding to your comment on my blog. You are correct, row 8 should end with P10, B4. Thanks for pointing this out to me, I have corrected the pattern.