Monday, July 14, 2008

It's been a few days....

Even though there's not much to talk about, I figured I'd update. I've been doing totally great with the healthy living. Haven't eaten anything bad, exercised 6 times in a week like I vowed. However, my exercise week starts on Monday and here's how it went:

Monday: Billy Blanks Boot Camp Basic Training

Tuesday: Yoga

Wednesday: Belly Dancing

Thursday: Random Cardio Routine from FitTV

Friday: Yoga

Saturday: REST DAY (yay!)

Sunday: Walked a mile, pushing Dorian in the stroller


Ok, so I've made some decisions about my fitness routine. I don't like doing the indoor workouts. I feel confined and bored and frankly, I dread it every morning. So I went walking last night when it was almost dark. We live on a cul de sac that's exactly 1/10 of a mile from our house to the start of the road. Our house is the last house on the street. So, I just went from our house to the start of the road and then back 5 times, which equals a mile. I pushed the baby in the stroller, which he enjoyed, even though it was killing me. I found that I liked it a lot more than doing the indoor stuff, though. I borrowed Justin's iPod and blasted Dashboard Confessional the whole time, and I have to say, I still had some energy left when I quit. However, I do like doing the yoga stuff too. So I'm thinking I'll do yoga in the morning and then walk at night. Sounds like a plan to me. The thing I like about yoga is how much it's limbering me up already, even though I've only done 2 sessions of it. I love the thought that at some time in the future, I'll be able to sit down with my legs spread and touch my forehead to the floor. I don't know why that sounds so awesome, but it does. Just think, I'll be 30 soon, and I'll be in better shape than I've ever been. As my cousin Penny would say, WOO and HOO. Couple of sad notes. One is that it took me 22 minutes to walk that mile. Yikes. Back in the day, when I used to work out, I could do 1.89 miles in 20 minutes. So, it took me about twice as long to walk it. But, hey, it's a start, right? The second is that we still haven't gotten a scale so I have no idea how much (if any) weight I've lost or what my starting weight was. BUT, I'm going to measure myself today and at least I'll have those numbers to work with until we get a scale at the end of this week.

On the crafty front, I'm working on the many washcloths for my girl, Kathy. We traded for something that I had her make for Sebastian's teachers and on my end, I have to make 15 washcloths. I'm diligently knitting away on those. Also, I'm making Sebastian a shirt today. It's based on a funny something he said and it should be great. Here's how that conversation went.

Sebastian: When I grow up, I wanna be a ninja.

Me: Ok.

Bethany: Ninjas aren't for real.

Me: Yes they are.

Sebastian: Yes they are.

Bethany: No, they're not. They're just on movies.

Me: No. They're real.

Bethany: No, they're not.

Me: Fine, let's call your dad and we'll ask him.

(Side note. Justin lived in Japan when he was little (for a couple years, till he was 4) so the kids think he's the ultimate authority on anything Asian. For instance, they think it's logical to assume that he can speak Chinese because he lived in Japan.)

Justin: Hello?

Me: Hey, Sebastian was just telling me that he wants to be a ninja when he grows up and Bethany says they aren't real, but Sebastian and I say they are. Tell her they're real.

Justin: Yes, they're real. They actually have one in Nashville that teaches classes. Tell Sebastian that if that's what he wants to be when he grows up, that's fine.

Me: Ok, bye! See, Bethany, your dad says they're real and they have one in Nashville. Sebastian, daddy said that if that's what you want to be when you grow up, it's fine.

Sebastian: Cool!!!! That means I can be Jafanese (this is how he says Japanese)!!!

Me: Uh, no. You'll still just be you. You won't turn Japanese if you become a ninja.

Sebastian: Aw man!!! But I want to be Jafanese!

Me: Sorry Charlie.

Sebastian: Well, I guess I could just travel to Japan. Maybe dad would wanna come with me.


OMG. Seriously, he is so freaking funny. This conversation is great, on several levels.

1) Sebastian very seriously thought it out and decided on ninja as his future profession.

2) Justin actually said that if it's what he wants to be, it's fine. The concept of being encouraging is not always very clear to him, so I think it's funny/sweet that he said that.

3) Sebastian actually thought that being a ninja would also make him "Jafanese".

4) Sebastian really and truly used the words "I guess I could just travel to Japan". Ha! Like, why wouldn't he just say "go to Japan"?

5) Sebastian says Japan perfectly, but still thinks it's Jafanese instead of Japanese.

Anyway, yeah, the shirt will be based on that conversation. I should have pictures to show tomorrow. For now, I'm off to do yoga!

2 comments:

T.Allen said...

Hey I've missed you. I'm glad you're liking yoga. It's the highlight of my day and I too, on occasion have one of those exceptionally good days when I master a new posture and feel like a ninja!I guess that makes me Blackanese...lol Sebastian is entirely too funny for words...

Erika said...

That is the sweetest convo evah!
I just lost a quick 20lbs just by doing a body cleanse (caden diet) and then sticking with using xylitol instead of sugar.