Thursday, September 18, 2008

Please, save us from the idiots.

So, Justin told me last night about some bumper stickers that he saw on a car. I should've guessed how stupid they'd be when he prefaced the story with "I saw this car today and the bumper stickers on it just made me want to ram it with my car". So, first off, there's this bit of loveliness:



Yes. Someone had this on their car. And they're actually for sale online. How much do we wanna bet that the moron selling this thing is using the proceeds to fund his meth lab? Anyway, my response to this bumper sticker would be, "Uncle Sam wants YOU to stop being an ignorant asshole". Seriously, though, what is wrong with people? I fully believe that if someone immigrates to the U.S., they should learn to speak English. But, it isn't an instantaneous process. And all these people that bitch and moan about automated menus on phones using Spanish and signs for state and federal government services in Spanish and directions on different products being in Spanish...JUST SHUT UP. What are people supposed to do in that transitional period between learning English and having to freaking survive here? And in what way does it negatively affect your dumb ass anyway? I'm pretty sure that people didn't leave their homes and families and everything they know to come to this country seeking a better life only to be treated like dog crap because they're not learning English fast enough to suit you.

Oh, and the other bumper sticker? Luckily they're not for sale online yet, but that guy does need to support his meth lab, so I'm pretty sure they'll add them to their Fall line sometime soon. Anyway, here's what it said:

Jesus Never Said No Comprendé


NO, I am not kidding. There are just so many things wrong with that. First and foremost is that Jesus never said "no comprendé" because Jesus spoke freaking Aramaic, you IDIOT. And English, much less American English, wasn't even a gleam in Jesus' eye. Besides which, I think Jesus probably has more important things to worry about right now than your xenophobic ass.

Okay, I feel better now.

1 comment:

T.Allen said...

I'm laughing because the other day while Joe and I were on our way to our standing Monday night pizza date I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Now that I'm a minority,where's all my free stuff." I wondered a) what kind of warranty and insurance coverage he has and b) where he parks that thing. :)