Standard disclaimer, blah blah.
I just have to say that Sarah Palin disgusts me more than any politician I have ever seen. First, there's the way she pimps out her family as "qualification" (hey, does that mean I'm qualified to be VP?) and then stomps her foot like a toddler with her "hands off" attitude if anything negative is said. You can't have it both ways, lady. Secondly, there's the way that she's outright lying and/or exaggerating her "qualifications", while simultaneously mocking any accomplishments Obama has made. The condescension that she was practically dripping during her entire speech made me so angry that I can't even articulate it. If you ask me, the way she and the whole roster of speakers at the RNC have behaved is everything that is wrong with politics today. I think it's ludicrous that they have co-opted Barack Obama's "Change" message when, in fact, their party is the one that's had control of Washington for the last 8 years!!!! Um, illogical much? As far as John McCain goes, I don't agree with his policies, but at the beginning of this election process, he had my respect. Not anymore. He's made a joke of the office of President and Vice-President. And his punchline, Sarah Palin, has made a mockery of every woman before her who actually had the chops to be where she's at right now. She's setting women back decades even as I type. And don't even get me started on the utter hypocrisy of the way they're all crowing about how wonderful and normal and admirable it is that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant (and keeping the baby) vs the way they would behave toward your average, run-of-the-mill 17 year old girl being pregnant. Isn't it just the height of irony that Palin slashed funding for teenage moms? Yeah, she cut funding for a program that helps teen mothers in need of a place to live. Cut it by more than 20 percent. Well, I guess if your mom is the governor and you're a pregnant teenager, you don't have to worry about how you're going to get by once you have the baby. I think Palin's "pro-life" stance would be more accurately described as "pro-in utero". She's 100% against abortion, but if you do what she considers to be the right thing and have the baby, well, you're on your own bitch!!!!! Take care of that baby your damn self!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know I loathe politics, but at this point, I think it's safe to say it's strictly entertainment. I've been reading blogs most of the day and Sarah Palin's name (in its various forms) is everywhere! I'm cracking myself up!
So tell me, that last line, is your head scarf tied to the front? Is your Noxzema on? I need a visual!
Hahaha!! You know it!!! On both counts!!!
Post a Comment