Saturday, May 17, 2008

See, now THIS was a good movie.


So, Justin has had a man crush on Christian Bale for a while. I'm understanding it now. What's funny is that I begged him to get There Will Be Blood when the whole No Country for Old Men travesty took place. But he wouldn't get it because "it's a Western" and apparently, he doesn't like Westerns. So, when he proposed watching this movie last night, I said "Hey, how come you wouldn't get that other movie because it was a Western, but you'll watch this Western?" and he said "That movie held no interest for me" and I said "What's the difference? This is a Western, that was a Western..." and he said "Well, but, this has CHRISTIAN BALE in it!!!". OMG. That was cracking me up. He was like a teenage girl wanting to watch a Jesse McCartney video or something. Anyway, the movie had several good (and necessary-according to me) attributes:

1) An amazingly attractive and relevant lead character/good guy
2) A plot line that can be followed by the average/non-schizophrenic person
3) A somewhat likeable bad guy that doesn't make you want to vomit
4) A good ending that isn't necessarily all sunshine and roses, but still....good

So, I highly recommend this to all you peeps. Plus, Christian Bale is CUTE. In other unrelated news, I'm knitting some washcloths as end of the year gifts for Sebastian's teacher and teacher's assistant. I'm currently working on the one for Mrs. Brandy and it's a pattern I had to type up myself from a chart I made using KnitPro, which is a program that allows you to upload a picture and it makes a chart out of it for you. Anyway, it's my first attempt at intarsia and damn, but it's a mess and a half. This is what my project currently looks like:

Yeah.......... A few rows from now, I have to add 2 more orange bobbins and one more white one. It's getting pretty hairy. Mrs. Brandy is really into UT football and her favorite color is orange, so it should eventually look like this:


but with the colors reversed, obviously. I think it's looking ok so far. I'll be posting some end result pictures in the next few days. I'm doing another one for Mrs. Brandy and then 2 for Mrs. Tish, so it shouldn't take me too long. Also, Sebastian's preschool graduation is on TUESDAY!!!! OMG, I'm going to cry like a baby. I'll take lots of pictures for all of you! Until next time...<3.

No comments: