Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weight Update

3 more pounds gone! That puts me at an even 30 lbs down. This is 2 milestones for me. The obvious one of hitting the 30 lb mark, of course. But also, this means that I'm finally less than 50 lbs away from my goal weight. Ok, 48 pounds is still a lot. But it's less than 50!!! Yay!! And for some reason, after the funk of the last couple months and the serious struggling I was doing, these last couple weeks have been surprisingly smooth sailing (awesome alliteration--ha! again!). I've felt a renewed sense of purpose and focus and the emotional and mental quicksand I was stuck in seems to have evaporated. I don't know what happened, but I like it. Let's hope it sticks around. And in my pursuit to not be ashamed of myself in pictures anymore, even though I'm still a chunk, here's a picture of me and Bethany when we went on a little mom/daughter day.



We got manicures together and had lunch. It was fun! And Bethany just ate it up. I really need to have more one on one time with both her and Sebastian. Dorian gets plenty with it being just the two of us for most of the day. Bethany is usually ultra photogenic, but in this picture she looks kind of funny. She looks like she's thinking "uhhhh, did he take it yet? no? yes? oh wait...he took it just now! darn." Actually, I think she was just freezing. We had had a warm few days and that day was unexpectedly frigid. Stupid weather. I'll be so glad when warmer temperatures get here. It's currently 35 degrees and sleeting outside. On the crafty front, I've been doing a bunch of crap, as usual, but I don't actually have pictures of most of it. So that'll have to wait. Later, guys!

4 comments:

T.Allen said...

Woohoo! You look pretty, both of you! I am so excited for you. Now, had I put the pound cake down when you did I would have already been done, but NO-I'm still lollipoppin'. Grrr. I'm gonna do it, I will...no really this time! :) Someone taser me!

Phoebe said...

Dang, that's awesome. Wish I had inherited that will power. Those bulimics are so lucky. That's cool that you & Bethany got to do that. Fun!

Anonymous said...

You sound so much better! And don't let me here you say you are a chunk, cuz you most definitely are not- that's a beautiful picture of both of you! Keep it up, though- cuz its making you feel good!

Anonymous said...

woops- I really can spell- I meant "hear" you say... sheesh.