Stuff you'll need:
measuring cup
mini muffin pan
bag of finely shredded Colby Jack cheese
jar of sliced jalapeños
2-3 eggs
package of 2 refrigerated pie crusts
So, here's what I did. I have some really small drinking glasses that happened to be the perfect size to cut out little rounds of the pie crust. I just put a round of pie crust over a mini muffin cup and pushed it down and up against the sides. It was pretty quick work. Then just fill each tiny pie crust with the cheese. Put a sliced jalapeño on top of each little pie. Then, beat the eggs in the measuring cup. You're just using a measuring cup because it has a pour spout and that will make your life easier. I poured some of the jalapeño juice from the jar into my eggs so that the jalapeño flavor would be evenly distributed, rather than having just cheese and the jalapeño on top. Anyway, then you pour the egg mixture into each little pie. I just poured until I saw the egg level reaching the top of the cheese. The egg is just to bind the cheese and jalapeño together. It's kind of like a shortcut quiche, I guess. My mini muffin pan has 24 cups and I managed to get exactly 24 little pies out of the 2 pie crusts. I had to re-roll the dough a few times to use the scraps and whatnot. Anyway, wanna see some pictures?


MMMMMMmmmmmmmm. CHEESE. Ok, seriously, I'm done now. Till next time!!

2 comments:
Oh my...I feel my ass growing as I look. They look really tasty. You're a diet rock star, I surely would've eaten about 8 of them.
i wanna make these for my work shindig. how hot should the oven be, and how long did ya bake 'em?
Post a Comment