Awesome right? Well, not so awesome later in the night when we had to get Sebastian's makeup off. That turned into a disaster of epic proportions. First of all, the liquid latex is basically like glue. And it covered his whole face. So, Justin said the best way to do it was to run water underneath it. Enter Sebastian's complete terror when water is anywhere near his face. Yeahhhhhhh. So, I tried just peeling it, which resulted in Sebastian screaming like I stabbed him. And sobbing copiously. So, we put Sebastian in the shower and he started really losing it. Justin didn't deal with that well. He thought Sebastian was overreacting and he got mad. That made Sebastian even more upset, which made Justin even more aggravated. I played referee and tried to settle Sebastian down and get Justin to go away. By that time, Sebastian was completely hysterical, Justin was mad at Sebastian and me, and I wanted to kill myself. It took about 20 minutes, but I finally got it all off. Then it was time for the next surprise!!! Yay!!! Hmm, not so much. Apparently, Sebastian has a latex sensitivity. Cause his face looked like this all over:
Not only that, but on Thursday, Sebastian had an incident at school that involved him getting hit in the face with a walnut during recess (bizarre? yes). So, he had a bit of a bo-bo on his face. After getting the makeup off, his bo-bo looked like this:
Sighhhhhhhhhhh. So, to sum up: the kids missed trick or treating, Sebastian had a hysteria and pain-filled aftermath, Justin and I went to bed really pissed at each other, and it all around sucked. I hope all of you had a better Halloween! And may next Halloween be better:) The one bright point was when I was doing Bethany's hair. I ratted it up with a brush and some hair wax. Her hair was freaking HUGE!!! Something about the hugeness of her head/hair kept tripping my giggle reflex and I had several uncontrollable laughing fits. You know, the kind where you're laughing almost completely silently, crying, coughing, slobbering, etc? Like that. It went on for a good half hour while we were getting them ready. Too bad the giddiness didn't last. As my post title indicates, the rest of the night was BLAH.

2 comments:
Awww man! I did giggle a bit about Justin being angry. It isn't funny-it's just *very* familiar. Only it is usually me that is annoyed with Yael overreacting in Joe's presence. Something I call the "Joe-show".
The kids looked great and scary, sorry the time sucked. I have a dagger in my temporal lobe again, so as soon as I am functional I'll load our photos from the evening.
(Hugs Sebastian)
Ohhhh, I'm sorry. They did look fantastic, though.
Our town is so rural that all the local businesses do a "trick or trunk" thing out at the high school parking lot, but there was a home game Friday night, so t or t was last night. My middlest couldn't find his zombie cape from wearing it to school Fri. So his dad was telling him to think back- except he was yelling at him, and no 6 year old is going to think while he's both upset and getting yelled at. I ended up grabbing his sister's kung-fu uniform and he got to go around doing spinning kicks all night. Sorry Sebastian's ended up being so tough- those big brown eyes...
Post a Comment