Here's a little closer up:
Here's the little label I made. I just wrote out Pheebs on some freezer paper and made a stencil out of that and then used it as a guide to hand embroider on the same ribbon I used for tying the needle roll. Oh, I fused some interfacing to the ribbon first. And then, like a douchebag, I forgot to sew the label down before I put the whole shebang together so I had to hand sew that on and be mindful of going through only the top layer of fabric. Note to readers: it's really hard to hand sew a black thing to something else black using black thread. Shocking, I know.
Here's a shot with the flap folded down so you can see a bit of the outer fabric:
And, here it is all rolled up and tied:
Justin picked out the fabrics on our anniversary trip to Hobby Lobby. Didn't he do an excellent job? He said he thought Phoebe would like it cause it's really mod and whatnot. Of course, I effed up in a few places but Justin says no one else would notice and that I need to relax. Here's hoping he's right and that Phoebe likes it!

3 comments:
I think I'll love it. Now I just need more straights, but my dpns have taken over the place. Shawn will probably like it just as much. You know he's a fan of everything in its place.
Beautiful job!
That is beautiful, nice work!
Post a Comment