So, yeah, I made a couple photo montages. (Montage as a plural looks weird.) Alright, this one is called "Don't Let Them Win" and it's set to the song "Don't Dream It's Over" by A Crowded House. It features a lot of excellent photos taken of Obama and his family and supporters along the campaign trail.
The "don't let them win" title references several things. First, it's one of the lines in the song. Second, it's clearly saying not to let John McCain win. Lastly, it's saying "can't nobody take my pride; can't nobody hold me down" or something to that effect. If you notice, in a lot of the pictures, Barack Obama looks dejected, sad, somber. Think of all he's enduring to try to secure this election. He's endured slurs on his race, on his mother, on his father, on his wife, on his principles. He's really and truly risking his life. Consider how many people you may have heard call him a n***er. I can name 3 off the top of my head. And these are not things I heard from a friend who heard from their friend. These are people I know. Also, consider how many people you've heard reference Obama's possible or probable assassination. Whether they were referencing it in fear, despair, or sadly, wishful thinking; again, I can name at least 3. Anyway, if you consider all of these things on top of the huge mess he has waiting for him if he gets in office, the man really does have the weight of the world on his shoulders. Any of us that are voting for him should remember all that he's risking and enduring in order to get in there and fight for each and every one of us.
Now, this next one is a kind of ode to Michelle and Barack Obama together. I love how they always look like they really genuinely love each other. And, like they sincerely enjoy each other. I recently read an article titled The Obama Relationship: A Major Benefit Nobody's Talking About. Here are a few quotes from that article.
One of the greatest benefits of an Obama presidency is hidden in plain sight: the relationship between Michelle and Barack. They provide a great role model of a healthy relationship, at a time when such models are sorely needed.
Imagine having a president who likes his partner and values her as an equal, a president who touches his wife affectionately in public and actually listens to her when she talks!
We have a chance now to make a real difference in the world. If we elect Barack Obama, we can all focus on the critical challenges that must be met now. Speaking personally, we feel a sense of warmth and pride when we think about the support and love the Obamas have for each other. We breathe easier when we see how they live their lives with balance, honesty and clarity. They're the real deal. In November, let's give ourselves this new mirror of our own value.
So, I made this montage because I'm a little bit in love with both Michelle and Barack separately, but I'm also a lot in love with them together.
Ok, so that's all for now. And don't anybody give me any crap about being Obama Obsessed--Kathy, that means you, haha!! Oh, and I know I haven't posted a weight update in a while. I've still been doing really great! No falling off the wagon or any of that! To date, I've lost 23 lbs! Yay! Next weigh in is on Thursday, October 6, so I'll post another update on poundage then. Peace!



1 comment:
First, where were you and your knitting posse in 1986 when I lost the student body presidential election to Maria Kotzapigikoglou?!
The montages were pretty touching. I admit, I'm quite smitten with the way Michelle and Barack look at each other. There is something very familiar and genuine in both of them that makes me feel easy.
Post a Comment